Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fresh Snow

Sable always enjoys being outside, but fresh snow really brings out her puppy-side! She is so happy to run in the snow, she starts leaping and hopping. Then she'll pounce on a toy and run past me at full speed--the little show off!

After her initial burst of joy and energy, Sable will bring her toy over to me to engage in a game of tug-of-war.

This morning's fresh snow was also enjoyed at the power line's right of way field across the street. Sable gets to run off-leash and sniff to her heart's content. This picture is taken at 6:30 a.m. at the field---a rare break in the frantic hunting of animal scents.

I am reminded of so many things when I observe and spend time with Sable. Today as I watched Sable playfully romp in the snow, I thought about finding joy in the simple things, like fresh snow and a playful dog.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call her Pumpkin too! She really is cute as a pumpkin. Love her!!

    ReplyDelete

Quotables

"When a dog wags her tail and barks at the same time, how do you know which end to believe?" ~Anonymous

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford